The word going around in the gaming world is that the classic zombie survival game Resident Evil 2 is possibly in the works of being recreated with a HD overhaul. This is HUGE news and comes in the wake of a tradition of RE games getting HD remakes. This can be seen with RE4 being the most successful of the franchise. However, there is no solid proof or even details of release for this game. At this point it is PURELY speculation. But the sources reporting on the game have given a MASSIVE list of changes that would be included or cut from the game.
- Over The Shoulder (OTS view).
- Redesigned RPD and Raccoon City.
- The croc battle has been removed.
- No 4th survivor and possibly no Tofu.
- More focused on horror elements.
- Difficulty levels similar to RE7.
- Costumes will be Included.
- Late 2018 release date expected.
With all the variety of additions being brought to this game it is HARD to not get somewhat excited. As a bonus tidbit, I recently learned the original commercial that was done for Resident Evil 2, (Biohazard 2 in Japan) was directed by the legendary, late great, George A. Romero. Below you will find that commercial and as a little bonus I decided to look a little further and dig up a cool 10 minute documentary on the making of the commercial itself. That video can also be found below, Enjoy.